View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Dish 16 - #29 The Cheeseburger at Christian's





Last night we hit up a couple of midtown spots. The ladyfriend, a colleague of hers and I first stopped off at Christian's tailgate for a cheeseburger. We turned up around 8:30. The lights were down low and the karaoke was about to start. Waitresses in hot pants buzzed around and before I knew it I had a pint of shiner, a 1/3 burger, medium rare with cheddar and jalapenos and a split side of onion rings and fries. I was also treated to three enthusiastic ladies giving 'This is how we do it' some serious effort on the mic. The atmosphere was pretty great and the service too.

I made one serious error with my burger though: I unwrapped it when it turned up. There was nothing left to hold back the delicious, fatty deluge of juices that proceeded to cover my hands and forearms as I ate. That thing was awesome. In the picture it looks a little overdone but that's after just a couple of little nibbles. The center was a perfect medium rare. The meat was good and the bun was perfect. I have no qualms recommending this burger to anyone in town. Just make sure you have plenty of napkins handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment