View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dish 4 - #18 Tex Cajun Virgin at BBs




















After a pleasant walk, and admiring the Free Lindsey Lohan sign at the possibly soon to close Chance's I arrived at BB's. It's pretty much right on the corner of Westheimer and Montrose. Directlyt opposite is the awesome slider place Little Bigs, also on the list.




















This wasn't my first time at BB's. I'm pretty sure I was in there within 72 hours of it first opening its doors back in the good old days when I actually lived in Houston for a couple of years. I'd never eaten this dish though. I took the trip on my own and had a nice leisurely read of the Houston Press as I ate.

#18 on Robb's list, The Tex Cajun Virgin as it's known on the menu, is a monster of an order for 1. It's kind of hard to get you head around the scale from this picture. I sat outside in the mid day heat, much to the bemusement of the local and staff. On the other side of the glass two grown men tried and failed to split a plate between them. I'm unsure how but I ate it all. That's praise enough I think. Take advantage of the array of hot sauce supplied on every table! The brownies are awesome here too although I passed this time. It's also worth mentioning that they're open well into the night and this pile of deliciousness is probably even better on top of a stomach full of beer.

At $9 it may sound a little on the dear side but bear in mind this could have fed a family of four.

As of the 23rd of July 2010 I had:
eaten 4 /100 dishes
spent $12 (including tip)
travelled 2 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment