View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Friday, July 30, 2010

Dish 5 - #39 Mole Poblano at Hugo's


I can't believe I hadn't eaten at Hugo's before. The thing is it looks so fancy I thought it'd be too expensive. Montrose is packed to the gills with great Mexican food that can be had for almost free so I was a bit wary of this place. It looks from the outside like a $30 entree place. It looks like that on the inside too! Beautiful decor and dressed up diners (mostly) but the food is actually shockingly reasonable. The mole from Robb's list was one of the more expensive options at $22 but my girlfriend ordered some outstanding enchiladas that were only about $10. And the squash flower based starter was pretty cheap too.

When they brought the bill there was a comment slip in the little holder. I wrote a little note to the chef to thank them for an incredible meal. I have never done that before. I could write paragraphs about why this dish was so awesome but I'm not going to. Just go and eat it. I'll be going back in the next week to have it again. Absolutely everything the lady and I ate at that meal was superb. I can already tell you this will definately be in my top handful from this list.

As of the 24th of July I had:
eaten 5 / 100 dishes
spent $39 (including tips)
travelled 4 miles (all on foot)

No comments:

Post a Comment