View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Friday, July 30, 2010

What's going on here?

Throughout the spring and summer of 2010 the fabulous Robb Walsh, who wear many hats, including that of food critic for the Houston Press, published a list of his 100 favourite dishes in Houston.

I love food.

I love Houston.

I have a fairly fanatical love of lists.

It was only right that I should attempt to eat all 100.

Unfortunately there's a major obstacle. I live 3482 miles away from Houston on the other side of the atlantic and I'm not one of those rich business types who can afford to fly over and gorge it up on oysters and truffles for the weekend.

My girlfriend lives in Houston. Roughly once a year I can save up enough to travel here to see her. It's likely to be a test of our relationship to see if she can cope with me putting on 30 pounds in a two week stay and dragging her, by bike or public transport, all around town to look at food that she, as a vegetarian, mostly can't even eat.

I have no idea how long it'll take to get through this enterprise since it will be so sporadic. I thought since I was keeping a record and taking photos for myself to remind me of the deliciousness it made sense to put them up here incase anyone else had an interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment