View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Friday, July 30, 2010

NRSS - Grimaldi's


This is a Non-Robb-Sanctioned-Stop but I thought it was worth mentioning. I'd read a fair bit about Grimaldi's and the folks we'd trekked out here to see rate it highly. In fact the lady of the house has been to the Brooklyn store and says this location in the Woodland's is every bit as good.

I went for the classic and got peperoni on my half (split with tomato slices on the lady friend's half). I didn't get an upskirt but the crust was a little pale as I'd expected. Not so much as in this article though. It was crispy enough that slice-folding meant cracking the crust.

Personally I really like Star Pizza. I know it's not the best n the world but I love it all the same. I fact my favourite there is the deep dish, whole wheat chicken alfredo pizza. I'm unsure if it even is a pizza to be honest. It certaibly stretches the definition. Anyway my point is, this is probably the best real pizza I've had in Houston and I've eaten at a lot of pie joints (not the one from Robb's list yet though!). If you want a really nice crust and great sauce and you're happy to travel for hours then head to Grimaldi's. If you want something which may or may not be pizza, is lightyears away from this, but is undeinably delicious then check out the star pizza order I suggested.

No comments:

Post a Comment