View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Dish 21 - #2 Fajitas at the Original Ninfa's on Navigation




So I couldn't eat at Adrian's. I was hungry at that point and out and about with no map or internet. I knew my way to two places on the list, the Grove and Ninfa's. I decided on Ninfa's mainly because it's a part of town I'm not too familiar with. Going during the day gave me time to have a good look around and take a few photos. Back on the bike and I headed north.

I only had a rough idea of where I was going so it took a tiny bit of trial and error but I found my way to Ninfa's pretty soon. I half considered eating outside but I was pretty well baked from the cycle ride so took a table in the main dining area. There was a really nice atmosphere in there, bustling and friendly. I ordered my fajitas and took a few bites of chips and salsa. There was no time to wait though, in less than five minutes this sizzling comal of awesome hit my table.

How was it? After I took my first bite I giggled. Seriously.

Look at the meat in that photo! It tasted even better than it looks. Perfectly seasoned. Perfectly cooked. Awesomely chewy. I loved every bite.

The cycle home was a bit of a killer. I started to realise that taking a ten mile ride in the mid day heat on a sunny summer's day, half of it loaded down with a stomach full of meat perhaps wasn't the best idea. It was very much worth it for that meal though.

No comments:

Post a Comment