View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Saturday, August 7, 2010

NRSS - Pappas burgers




The lady friend had to work saturday morning and early afternoon. On the plus side Pappas were coming in to provide lunch and I was invited. Swings and roundabouts. When I saw the grill on the way in I got pretty excied. You could likely whip up some pretty serious burgers on that thing! In the end I was quite disappointed. The patty was a little bland and pretty densely packed. It felt like it had been overworked and left to sit for a while before cooking leaving it chewy and low on juiciness. In the plus column it was perfectly cooked (look at those lovely pink innards!), the bun was superb and it was set up as a bar so I got to top it myself so it ended up with the perfect amount of lettuce and stuff. The beans I ate along with it were pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment