View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Monday, August 2, 2010

NRSS - Sprinkles



We headed north on foot. It's always strange to me to walk through a neighbourhood like that and see all these beautiful gardens and not one single person. It was like the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. We didn't see a soul. Eventually we reached Westheimer: no shortage of people there. The ladyfriend has been wanting to try out the cupcakes at Sprinkles for a while so we stopped in.

I can't think of a single place I've been to where as a male I've been so outnumbered. When we were waiting and eating there wasn't a single other male customer, just 30 or 40 women. There was one guy behind the counter but he was similarly outnumbered amongst the staff. We shared a vanilla cupcake with vanilla frosting and a 'shot' of milk chocolate frosting.

The actaul sprinkles themselves were probably the nicest I've ever eaten. The frosting was good too. Less cloyingly rich and sweet than at a lot of places. I thought the cake itself was only so-so though. A while ago when I was in town she and I stopped in at Celebrity Cupcakes in the village (I think it had just opened that week) and they were consideably better I'd say. These weren't bad though. Just not worth the inflated price tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment