View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Saturday, August 14, 2010

End of part 1


So, that's as far as I got with my project on this trip. Over nearly three weeks I managed to eat 27 of the hundred dishes. I also found another two to sadly no longer be available. They cost me $310 including tips. I travelled 220 miles on my quest, 127 miles by car, 13 by foot, 28 by bus and 52 by bike.

Other than the 10 pounds I put on what I take back to England with me? As you can see it was a pretty pepper heavy load. Four varieties of dried peppers in the top left, hot sauce along the bottom and chipotles in adobo between. Good Mexican and Tex Mex ingredients are hard to come by over this side of the Atlantic. I've never found a corn tortilla over here to my get sadness. With this little lot I'll be able to keep myself happy for a while though.

I'm not sure when I'll be able to restart the quest. Let's hope it's soon. Until then, happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. Thom, I've enjoyed catching up on your food-finding exploits. Your post are a delight to read. I especially agree with you about cycling around town-- it's definitely an underrated mode of transport in Houston, particularly right now with the fabulous fall weather. I look forward to reading Part 2!

    ReplyDelete