View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dish 22 - #86 Italian-Cuban Sandwich at Logan Farms




In Robb's write up he specifies the Logan Farms location at 10560 Westheimer but I was heading into Rice village so I stopped in at that location. I can't imagine the sandwich is much different.

It was dead when I got there. I've had that with a lot of places. Primarily because I've gone at off times (I went to Logan Farms around 4pm). That's been a good thing. It means the staff have been free to talk. I've eaten alone at quite a few of these places and the staff have mainly been pretty friendly and chatty. I had the attention of a waitress and some kind of manager guy here. He suggested the curly fries so I did as I was told. We had a bit of a chat about the other stuff on the menu, the sandwich ingredients and what there is to see on the road between here and Oklahoma City (nothing but dust apart from Dallas apparently).

Tha sandwish was damn fine. Great bread, good quality meat and excellent pesto. If I was making it for myself I'd have put in about half the ham and upped the amount of chipotle mayo. The real star is the pesto though so you wouldn't want too much heat. It's entirely probable that my meddling would spoil it. It's pretty damn awesome just as it was served to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment