View Robb Walsh's top 100 - personal in a larger map

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Revisit - #34 French Fries at Little Big's





I'm well acquainted with the Montrose location of Little Big's. Today though I had a hankering to ride the little train in Hermann Park and couldn't pass up the opportunity to try out the new (to me) location just outside the entrance to the zoo.

The fries definately deserve their place on the list. They're crispy on the outside with a lusciously creamy soft interior and seasoned exactly to my taste. At least they are at the Montrose location. The ones I got today were woefully underdone. Not enough that they were raw inside, just enough that if the kitchen folks had taken a single bite or snapped one to have a look at the interior they'd have noticed and kept them swimming in the fryer a little longer. From the conversation I overheard there was some major facebook drama going down though.

It's in a great spot with a nice view over the lake and the sliders were as good as ever but that's unfortunately the best I can say. You really need these fries in your life when they're done right. Perhaps we caught them on an off day but I'd say head to the Montrose store just to be safe. I'd hate for anyone else to end up disappointed like the lady and I were.

No comments:

Post a Comment